On September 24th, charges were filed against the 34-year-old actor Shia LaBeouf for an altercation he had with a man on June 12. LaBeouf gained early notoriety for his role on “Even Stevens” on the Disney Channel and is best known for his part in 2007’s “Transformers” and 2008’s “Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull.”
According to prosecutors on the case, a man took LaBeouf’s hat which caused the actor to retaliate and fight the man. The man was identified as Tyler Murphy. A criminal complaint was filed with the Los Angeles city attorney. As a result of the incident, LaBeouf was charged with misdemeanor battery and petty theft. Many attempts by the media have been made to obtain a statement from LaBeouf, but there has yet to be a public comment made from the actor.
What Has Been Shia LaBeouf’s Troubled Hollywood Career?
Shia LaBeouf has had plenty of time in the news, but not every story was for a successful creative endeavor in Hollywood. Here are some of his most problematic moments:
- In November of 2007, the actor was arrested for being drunk at a Chicago Walgreens. Reports say he refused to leave and was charged with trespassing but the store didn’t press charges.
- In February of 2008 LaBeouf was ticked in Burbank for unlawful smoking on a sidewalk. When he didn’t make it to a hearing, his lawyer had to make it to the court the next day to plead not guilty on behalf of his client. LaBeouf walked away from the incident by paying only a $500 fine.
- Then in July of 2008, LaBeouf was charged with drunk driving after a crash where he sustained hand injuries. By September of that year, he avoided the charges due to lack of evidence.
- In 2011, he was punched in the face while at a Sherman Oaks bar. Both LaBeouf and the man that punched him were handcuffed but neither pressed charges.
- In 2014, LaBeouf was accused of rape.
- In 2014 the actor wore a bag over his head with the words “I am not famous anymore.”
- In 2014, the actor plead guilty to disorderly conduct from an incident at a New York City theater. He spent no time in jail and didn’t have to serve probation.
- In October of 2015, the actor was arrested for public intoxication in Austin, Texas.
- In January 2017 he was arrested for assault and battery but the charges were later dropped.
- In April of 2017, the actor was sued by a bartender.
- In July of 2017, he pleads guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction and received one-year probation, anger management counseling, as well as one year of drug and alcohol evaluation.
Speak with a Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer Today?
Run-ins with the law aren’t just limited to private individuals, everyone makes mistakes and sometimes, they come with criminal charges. If you have been charged with a crime in California, please reach out to the sharp and effective Los Angeles criminal defense attorneys at the Manshoory Law Group, APC. The Lawyers at the Manshoory Law Group, APC only work on criminal defense cases. Call the Southern California criminal defense lawyers at the Manshoory Law Group, APC any day of the week, day or night, at 877-977-7750.